Dan Noe dpn at isomerica.net
Thu Mar 27 07:56:32 PDT 2008

On 3/27/2008 10:46, Talpey, Thomas wrote:
> I'm getting more than a little sick of the spam that's coming in through
> the old mail alias on openib.org. It has increased greatly in the past week.
>
> Can we either tighten up the protections there, or cut it off? In fact, does
> it make sense to move the entire list to vger, as is the norm with the other
> mainline kernel projects?

This list accounts for about 10% of the total spam I receive (which is a
lot) and there has been a general uptick in spam since the beginning of
the week.  I think there is a new Windows virus or botnet in the wild
since most of it is coming from residential ISPs.

Spamprobe catches it, but I still need to browse that daily to make sure
there are no false positives.  I would vote for tightening the
protections here.

Cheers,
Dan

--