[ofa-general] Re: linux-next: infiniband merge conflicts

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Mar 31 04:56:21 PDT 2008

 > Today's linux-next merge of the infiniband tree produced conflicts in
 > drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c and drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c.  The
 > conflicts were against Al Viro's patch "trivial endianness annotations:
 > infiniband core" (Linus' commit id
 > 1b90c137cc2a0e9b813a8ae316827c493c664146).  They are reasonably trivial.

OK, I've rebased my tree on top of Linus's current tree and fixed up
the conflicts.

I do wonder why endianness annotations are being merged post -rc7.  If
anyone had sent them to me I would have waited for the 2.6.26 merge
window to send them to Linus.  Which also leads to the question of why
these patches, which are a subset of the annotations I've had sitting
in my tree (and in -next) for quite a while, were so urgent that they
had to bypass my tree...

Oh well, water under the bridge.  As you said the conflicts were
trivial so it's not a big deal to fix them up.

 - R.