[ofa-general] poll CQ failed -2 with connectX

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 4 01:26:56 PST 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 01:47, Roland Dreier wrote:
> The simplest thing would be for libmlx4 to check if the kernel driver
> reports the XRC capability, say when creating the first QP for a given
> process, and treat the QPN bits appropriately depending on whether the
> kernel supports XRC or not.

Actually, I already have a patch which does query-device when allocating
a new user context.  Since we have an device-capability XRC flag (bit 20),
we can save that in the user context.

I submitted the patch to the list last October (2007):
http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/general/2007-October/042351.html

(This XRC capability issue is another reason for having this patch --
need to save the device flags as well, and add a flags word to the user context).

When creating a CQ, we can then add a "kernel-supports-xrc" flag to the cq context,
and test for that during cq_poll_one when testing if the QPN is an XRC qpn or not.

I'll prepare a patch for libmlx4.  It won't be in time for ofed 1.4-rc4 since that
is going out already (possibly even today).

- Jack