[ofa-general] infiniband problem, no NICs

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sat Nov 22 23:22:48 PST 2008

Michael Oevermann wrote:

> However, when I directly start a mpi job (without using a scheduler) via:
> /usr/mpi/gcc4/openmpi-1.2.2-1/bin/mpirun -np 4 -hostfile
> /home/sysgen/infiniband-mpi-test/machine/usr/mpi/gcc4/openmpi-1.2.2-1/tests/IMB-2.3/IMB-MPI1
>

> I get the error message:
>
> 0,1,0]: uDAPL on host n01 was unable to find any NICs. Another
> transport will be used instead, although this may result in lower
> performance.
The BTL you are working with uses a library named udapl and this library
relies on the IPoIB (IP over Infiniband) NICs (e.g ib0, ib1) existence.
Assuming these nics are not configured on your system, you can either
configure them (modprobe ib_ipoib / ifconfig ib0 x.y.z.w) or use a verb
(native IB access layer) BTL which does not reply on operative ipoib.

Or.