[ofa-general] Mellanox Gen3, Linux and ibpanic - "Resource Temporarily unavailable"

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 06:20:43 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm using a setup of two machines (Lets call them A and B) directly
connected by 1 cable. Each machine has a Mellanox MT25204 (Gen3 Mellanox
PCI-E Infiniband card) and uses IPOIB, they run Centos 5.2 with OFED 1.3
installed, Machine B runs OpenSM.

All was working fine. I shutdown Machine A did some maintenance and then
powered it on again, everything is OK again. I then shutdown Machine B
(The one running OpenSM), this seemed to really upset Machine A. After
booting Machine B again, Machine B looks OK with the port down and in
polling state. Machine A however gives the following error if I run
ibstat: ibpanic: [11406] main: stat of IB device 'mthca0' failed:
(Resource temporarily unavailable)

I don't want to reboot Machine A as it must synch data with Machine B
over the Infiniband link first. Does anyone have any idea how to fix
machine A?

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SEMTEC Limited Trading as SAQ is Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

DSL : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

Find us in http://www.thebestof.co.uk/petersfield