[ofa-general] questions about opensm and unmanaged switch

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Wed Oct 1 10:35:53 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I use opensm with a single unmanaged switch to connect several HCAs. I
found that HCAs take much longer time to get LID after opensm restart
without power cycle the switch. If the switch is power off/on before
opensm restart, then HCAs get their LIDs sooner. I'm wondering if there's
minhop table pre-existing in the switch which will prevent HCAs from
regain their LIDs soon. Is there any way to clean up the switch's hop
table during opensm start?

my another question, should the HCA that opensm resides on be physically
connected to switch port 0?

Thanks!
Yicheng