[ofa-general] CM REQ, src and dst IP addrs in host byte order

Jesse Butler Jesse.Butler at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 2 06:55:43 PDT 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:16 PM, Roland Dreier wrote:

>> I am working on an iSER implementation and am having some issues with
>> connection establishment.  Dumping out the contents of inbound MADs,
>> I'm seeing the OFED initiator (running OFED 1.3 on RHEL 5.2) sending
>> CM REQs w/ the source and destination IP addresses in host byte
>> order,
>> rather than the network byte order as expected.
>
> Are you positive this is the case?  Looking at the code quickly I
> don't
> see any place that looks like it is byte-swapping the IP addresses.
>
> - R.

My error.  I am looking at the MAD dumps that I did and am now seeing
that my initiator is the one that is incorrect, and I have
inadvertently fixed it up on the target side so that I work, but OFED
fails login.  I'll fix up my code and all should be well.

Thanks
Jesse