[ofa-general] Re: IPoIB CM connectivity issue.

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 2 21:03:24 PDT 2008

Hello,

在 2008-10-02四的 17:27 -0700,Roland Dreier写道:
> So we should fix the Linux implementation to respect this.  However
> I'm
> somewhat surprised that this is an issue, given that
> unicast_arp_send()
> seems like it never would issue a CM send.

I remembered I saw the problem when the ARP entry was in stale status
(15 - 45 secs if no traffic by default base_reachable_time = 30), but
the router entry was still there (5 mins expiration). Then neighbour is
still there to be used so IPoIB used CM mode instead of
unicast_arp_send.

Shirley