[ofa-general] openSM for supporting IPv6 SNM MGIDs consolidation

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 2 21:20:39 PDT 2008

Hello Sasha,

	We had several customers hit multicast groups exceed issue when IPv6
was in place in the past. My question is has IPv6 SNM (Solocited Node
Multicast) MGIDs consolidation feature been in openSM 3.2.X?

	If so, can the customer just updates openSM without updating the whole
fabrics? Any backport compatibility test has been done between this
version 3.2.X openSM and other OFED release, like OFED-1.3? Any issue or
no problem?

	If not, is there any other way to increase MGIDs to 2K/4K to avoid this
problem in a 1K node cluster, like a parameter setting in openSM depite
of how many MGIDs the switch can support?

Thanks
Shirley