[ofa-general] rdma_resolve_route() returning -EINVAL

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 6 02:08:45 PDT 2008

Roland Dreier wrote:
> The issue is more of spec compliance than a likely real-life scenario... and as for why no one else is worrying about it, I think it's because the only other user of rdma_connect() in the tree is iSER, and I guess no one worried too much there.  SRP uses the IB CM directly, and waits for timewait exit before calling a connection closed.
Roland,

I guess there's some tradeoff here between the time connection recovery
would take when the ULPs does wait for the timewait event vs the risk of
getting into the target considering the REQ as stale and rejecting. Does
SRP just wait for the event, or the new connection is established in
parallel, which also means it would use a different QP number always.

Or.