[ofa-general] OFED Roll

publications publications at kressworks.com
Mon Oct 6 08:57:14 PDT 2008

Am I correct that the Cisco OFED Roll installs Infiniband but not Infiniband
over IP?  Does it just use RDMA as a transport?

The OFED download from Openfabrics installs IB over IP and I prefer not to
use it since the latencies are double that of RDMA and the throughput is
about one half of RDMA.

So, another question.  Suppose I have already installed OFED 1.3.1 with IB
over IP.  How do I configure my system (including the ib0.conf and other
conf files) to use RDMA rather than IB over IP?

Thanks for your help.

Jim