[ofa-general] SRP/mlx4 interrupts throttling performance

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 02:33:37 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Cameron Harr <cameron at harr.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. As I look via vmstat, my CSw/s rate is fairly
> constant around 280K when scst_threads=1 (per Vu's suggestion) and pops up
> to ~330-340K CSw/s when scst_threads is set to 8.

Which threads are causing all those context switches ? You can find
this out by making sure that CONFIG_SCHEDSTATS=y is enabled in the
kernel .config and by running the following bash command:

( cd /proc && for p in [1-9]* ; do echo "$(<${p}/cmdline)
$(<${p}/schedstat)" ; done ) | sort -rn -k 3 | head

Bart.