[ofa-general] [infiniband-diags] add --loop_ports option to perfquery

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 7 15:54:05 PDT 2008

Hey Sasha,

We have a switch here that does not report the AllPortSelect flag as a
capability.  It's pretty annoying typing each port on the switch or
always having to script around this one oddball switch we have.  So I
added an option --loop_ports for perfquery.  If you want to do something
to all the ports on the CA/Switch, but AllPortSelect isn't available, it
loops through all the available ports instead.

There was already a workaround in the tool for a CA that did not support
the AllPortSelect flag.  I get the feeling the workaround may have been
for a specific hardware, so I kept the workaround in there.

Al

--
Albert Chu
chu11 at llnl.gov