[ofa-general] questions about opensm and unmanaged switch

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 7 17:25:26 PDT 2008

On 11:45 Fri 03 Oct     , Yicheng Jia wrote:
> err:4294967295. I'm running it on QNX

With QNX you should handle somehow file related errors.

> so ibnetdiscover is not available so
> far. I attach the verbose output of opensm during startup. As you can see,
> it start to receive SMP from other HCAs after several heavy sweep. It
> looks like the switch block them at the beginning?

Yes, it looks exactly so. I would recommend to investigate discovery
process in deep. The problem can be with switch (but it is strange that
initialized switch doesn't forward direct queries). Some tools can be
useful - smpquery (query NodeInfo by direct paths). Maybe trying with
linux box could be useful too.

Sasha