[ofa-general] Re: openSM for supporting IPv6 SNM MGIDs consolidation

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 7 20:22:15 PDT 2008

Hi Shirley,

On 19:44 Tue 07 Oct     , Shirley Ma wrote:

> They also tried the management packages from OFED-1.4. They noticed the
> difference. And "saquery -m" didn't work with existing OFED-1.3 stack.

We changed (actually fixed) default SM_Key byte order. And saquery has
'--smkey' option now. I guess:

  saquery --smkey 0x0100000000000000 -m

. should work against old OpenSM.

Alternatively SM_Key value can be fixed in OpenSM config file (to be 0x1
instead of 0x0100000000000000).

> Could you please give some summary for the difference between these two
> openSM versions?

AFAIR it is only "compatibility" issue.

> I didn't install it, I just peeked the source code, it looks like the
> OFED-1.4 will have one IB MGC with ff10601b...01ff000000, the management
> packages for July release is ff10601b...01ffXXXXXX (first node IPv6 SNM
> 24 bit interface id). Is that right?

Yes.

Sasha