[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** PPC64 platform and InfiniBand HW

Toru Nishimura locore64 at alkyltechnology.com
Tue Oct 7 21:00:21 PDT 2008

Hi, OpenFabrics guys,

I'm new to HPC technology domain and one of engineering
team being asked to research a clustering computer built
with OFED and PPC combination.

My Qs are;

- I can see PPC64 is one of supported architecture.  What
are PPC64 platform in use, for development and real
field applications?  We need proven / known-to-work
PPC64 platform(s) as a solid foundation to start the entire
project.  Specific model names are wanted.

- What IB HW are in use for PPC64 combination?  We are
consulted to use Mellanox LX PCIe card.  Is the product
mature enough for PPC64 platforms?

- Our initial plan is to use PowerMac G5 (PCIe model)
and Mellanox LX card.  Is it a wise selection for a
development foundation?  If not, what's the better (less
risky) alternative available this moment?

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology