[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** manually patching/installing ofed kernel

Mike Marty mike.marty at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:07:28 PDT 2008

I am running a Ubuntu-based system.  Trying to use the install script,
invoked with "sudo perl install.pl", fails with the errors pasted below.
I previously compiled and installed a vanilla 2.6.26 kernel.  Is there any
documentation on manually integrating the ofed kernel modifications?  I
installed the ofa_kernel-1.4 SRPM and see that the ofa_kernel-1.4 directory
in /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES contains a mix of files, patches for older kernels,
and a Makefile.  Presumeably I can't just copy these into my kernel source
and go.  Eventually I will need to integrate the ofa_kernel stuff with a
custom Linux kernel tree, but for now, I am just trying to use a vanilla
kernel.

Thank you,
Mike

mikemarty at mikemarty-msn:/usr/src/OFED-1.4-rc2$ sudo perl install.pl

OFED Distribution Software Installation Menu

  1) Basic (OFED modules and basic user level libraries)
  2) HPC (OFED modules and libraries, MPI and diagnostic tools)
  3) All packages (all of Basic, HPC)
  4) Customize

  Q) Exit

Select Option [1-4]:1
error: open of /usr/src/OFED-1.4-rc2/RPMS/file failed: No such file or
directory
error: open of /usr/src/OFED-1.4-rc2/RPMS/file failed: No such file or
directory
error: open of Ubuntu failed: No such file or directory
error: open of Ubuntu failed: No such file or directory
error: open of is failed: No such file or directory
error: open of is failed: No such file or directory
error: open of not failed: No such file or directory
error: open of not failed: No such file or directory
error: open of owned failed: No such file or directory
error: open of owned failed: No such file or directory
error: open of by failed: No such file or directory
error: open of by failed: No such file or directory
error: open of any failed: No such file or directory
error: open of any failed: No such file or directory
gcc rpm is required to build libibverbs
glibc-devel rpm is required to build libibverbs
libstdc++ rpm is required to build libibverbs
mikemarty at mikemarty-msn:/usr/src/OFED-1.4-rc2$ ls
BUILD_ID  LICENSE  README.txt  RPMS  SOURCES  SRPMS  docs  install.pl
ofed.conf  uninstall.sh
mikemarty at mikemarty-msn:/usr/src/OFED-1.4-rc2$