[ofa-general] SRP/mlx4 interrupts throttling performance

Cameron Harr cameron at harr.org
Wed Oct 22 10:20:19 PDT 2008

Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
> Cameron Harr wrote:
>> Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
>>> I meant on initiator(s), not on the target.
>>>
>> Sorry - but yes, I always run the benchmark apps with direct IO
>
> Then, there's one more reason why we should find out the cause of such
> a big variation between runs. Can you repeat all the tests with the
> latest SCST SVN trunk/ including SRPT driver with each run for at
> least few minutes?

 From a little testing, the updated SCST tree doesn't work with the
OFED-1.3.1 SRP stack, though I have gotten it working with the
infiniband drivers in the normal distribution kernel. Shall I use those
modules?

Also, as I mentioned before, my time is going to be fairly limited for a
while, but I'll try to squeeze this in and will make sure I run for
longer periods of time. I'll also try to calculate an exact end number
based on iop/runtime.

> Which backstorage do you use for BLOCKIO?
Fusion IO ioDrive. I generally use 1 or 2, but somtimes up to 4 at a time.