[ofa-general] SRP/mlx4 interrupts throttling performance

Cameron Harr cameron at harr.org
Wed Oct 22 13:49:14 PDT 2008

Vu Pham wrote:
> Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:

>>>  From a little testing, the updated SCST tree doesn't work with the
>>> OFED-1.3.1 SRP stack, though I have gotten it working with the
>>> infiniband drivers in the normal distribution kernel. Shall I use
>>> those modules?
>>
>> I think, only Vu can answer it.
>
> ofed-1.3.1 srpt only works with scst-1.0.0
> You can run 2.6.26 + its IB stack + latest SVN scst and srpt
>
> -vu

I think I'm stuck with the default CentOS kernel: 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5,
but I can use that.

>>> Also, as I mentioned before, my time is going to be fairly limited
>>> for a while, but I'll try to squeeze this in and will make sure I
>>> run for longer periods of time. I'll also try to calculate an exact
>>> end number based on iop/runtime.
>>> Fusion IO ioDrive. I generally use 1 or 2, but somtimes up to 4 at a
>>> time.
>>
>> It might be a reason of not stable results. Can you try with NULLIO
>> to narrow things down a bit?

I actually tested NULLIO a while back at Vu's suggestion, but I believe
I forgot to report on it. From my recollection, NULLIO gave me pretty
consistent block sizes of 512B, which is the BS I used in the benchmark.