[ofa-general] Question about ibv_asyncwatch

Karthik Gopalakrishnan gopalakk at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Oct 28 06:07:59 PDT 2008

Hi Folks.

I have written a standalone program that calls
'ibv_get_async_event()'. I want to know if that program can get async
events about errors on QPs (IBV_EVENT_PATH_MIG_ERR for example) that
are created by a different process (say some MPI Program).

I also see a utility called 'ibv_asyncwatch' that is shipped as part
of OFED that seems to do something similar. I will be grateful if
someone could throw more light about what it does and point me to its
source.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik