[ofa-general] Question about ibv_asyncwatch

Dotan Barak dotanba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:16:58 PDT 2008

Karthik Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> I have written a standalone program that calls
> 'ibv_get_async_event()'. I want to know if that program can get async
> events about errors on QPs (IBV_EVENT_PATH_MIG_ERR for example) that
> are created by a different process (say some MPI Program).
>
> I also see a utility called 'ibv_asyncwatch' that is shipped as part
> of OFED that seems to do something similar. I will be grateful if
> someone could throw more light about what it does and point me to its
> source.

Hi.

ibv_get_async_event can get:
* unaffiliated events: events which are not related to a specific object
(for example: port/HCA events)
* affiliated events: events which are related to a specific object
(QP/CQ/SRQ) of the same process.

You cannot get affiliated events that were created in other processes.

Dotan