[ofa-general] Compiling source using Intel Compiler

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 3 11:32:15 PDT 2008

Has anyone built the various IB source packages using the Intel
compilers? The configure, make, and make install all progressed
without any errors. However, when I try to start OpenSM, I get the
following error

error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains the path to the icc and ifort lib
directories, so this is not the problem. The reason I'm building from
source is because I'm trying to utilize Infiniband on an Ubuntu
cluster. Additionally, I need to use the Intel compilers as some of
our Fortran programs cannot be compiled using gfortran...

Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology