[ofa-general] Compiling source using Intel Compiler

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:50:47 PDT 2008

> We don't have such library libimf.so. It is something from icc...

Yes, it is something from icc. The limited support for this type of
error states that I need to load a compiler module in order for OpenSM
to find the library. However, there's never a mention of the name of
the module that I need to load. A modprobe -l *intel* gives the
following:
lvm-intel.ko
intel_vr_nor.ko
intelfb.ko
intel-agp.ko
intel.rng.ko
snd-hda-intel.ko
snd-intel8x0m.ko
snd-intel8x0.ko
intel-agp.ich9m.ko

Nothing for a modprobe on *icc*. So, I'm stuck...

> But why you cannot use gcc for building OFED packages?

Our codes have a lot of Fortran 77 in them and gfortran hasn't been
compiling those codes very well. Since we're using ifort for Fortran
compiling, I figured we ought to use icc (C) and icpc (C++) to use a
consistent compiler package. I don't know if programs partially
compiled in gcc and ifort will work very well...

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology
christopher.tanner at gatech.edu