[ofa-general] open_node_name_map on OFED 1.3.1

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 09:05:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Sumit Gaur - Sun Microsystem
<Sumit.Gaur at sun.com> wrote:
> I have upgraded my OFED version from 1.2.5* to 1.3.1. With OFED 1.3.1  I am
> facing problems in umad_send and umad_recv I have gone through OFED code for
> the same. Only extra thing I observed is call of
> open_node_name_map(node_name_map_file);
>
> Is it necessary in OFED 1.3.1 to use above function before making any
> smpquery ?

Are you talking about the smpquery diag or a custom SMP query ? In the
former case, it should work whether or not there is a node name map
file (which is optional). In the latter case, there is no need to
issue this call (which is in the common diags). It is merely for
getting more user friendly node names if they exist.

I don't think it's related to any problems you are observing with
umad_send/recv.

-- Hal