[ofa-general] Usage of Infiniband Protocol Stack ?

Kumar, Amit H. AHKumar at odu.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:24:49 PDT 2008

Thank you Hal & Joe for your prompt reply.

Two more questions:
If ifconfig for IB is just for IPoIB, is it okay to bring down this interface(ib0) and still be able to run applications like Mvapich2 and pvfs2 ??

And I also assume that we At Least Need 1 Ethernet Interface Up for the correct operation of IB compiled Applications, without which IB compiled Applications will fail. Is this correct ??

Thank you,
Amit