***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] atomic operations on ppc64

Dotan Barak dotanba at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:57:52 PDT 2008

>> It seems that you didn't check the same HCA in each arch.
>>
>> Can you try to use the mthca device in PPC64 and check the results?
>>
>> (Anyway, i would have suggest you to upgrade the OFED package that you are
>> using)
>>

> I apologize for my newbieness here but I do not understand what you mean.
> The two machines have different devices. What do you mean by making
> the ppc64 machine use the mthca when it does only have the mlx4?
>
> Unfortunately, upgrading might not be an (easy) option :-/
>
> Thanks for the patience

You have 2 machines, each with another device:
x86 has the HCA 25204
PPC64 has the HCA 25418

The fact that the test didn't pass for you on the PPC64 may be related
to this device
(i think that OFED 1.2.5 was the first version that supported this device).

So, i suggest that you'll put the HCA 25204 on the PPC64 and check if
the failure still exists.

Dotan