[ofa-general] dapltest couldn't read ABI version

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Sep 22 09:05:30 PDT 2008

> CMA: unable to open /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm
> LS21-05:32561: open_hca: ERR - RDMA channel No such file or directory
> LS21-05:32561: dapls_ib_open_hca failed 40000
> DT_cs_Server: Could not open ib0 (DAT_INTERNAL_ERROR )
> DT_cs_Server: Waiting for clients to all go away...
> DT_cs_Server: Cleaning up ...
> DT_cs_Server (ib0): Exiting.
>
> File /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm exists on RHEL servers, but not on SLES
servers. ib0 can communicate with other servres. Any advice or comments?
Thanks in advance!

Will anyone give some advice? Thanks in advance. Here are the different
file locations on my SLES and RHEL nodes.

Looks like rdma_ucm module didn't get loaded. Check
/etc/infiniband/openib.conf and make sure loading rdma_ucm is set
properly:

[root at cst-53 dapl]# cat /etc/infiniband/openib.conf
# Start HCA driver upon boot
ONBOOT=yes

# Load RDMA_CM module
RDMA_CM_LOAD=yes