[ofa-general] atomic operations on ppc64

Ronni Zimmermann ronniz at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 22 09:46:19 PDT 2008

Hi,
We run tests which use atomic operations (both fetch and add and comp and swap) on PPC64 all the time, without experiencing any problem.

Just to make sure I ran few simple tests, which use atomic operations, on our PPC64 machines, both with SLES10 SP1 and with RHAS5.1, and all of them passed.
I was working with the latest OFED1.4 driver and mlx4 HCA with the latest released FW and with FW 2.3.000 (on the SLES10 SP1 machine).

Given the above information I believe that there's either a problem with your code (although looking at the code you posted I couldn’t see anything wrong) or it's an OFED1.2.5 issue, as Dotan suggested.

Ronni.