[ofa-general] atomic operations on ppc64

Rui Machado ruimario at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:06:17 PDT 2008

Hey guys,
sorry for some delay.

> Do you access the memory as "volatile" (becuase the HCA changes its content)?

Nop.

> Can you try do check if RDMA Write/Read behave the same for you?

RDMA write and read seems to work fine.

> 2008/9/22 Ronni Zimmermann <ronniz at mellanox.co.il>:
>> Hi,
>> We run tests which use atomic operations (both fetch and add and comp and swap) on PPC64 all the time, without experiencing any problem.
>>
>> Just to make sure I ran few simple tests, which use atomic operations, on our PPC64 machines, both with SLES10 SP1 and with RHAS5.1, and all of them passed.
>> I was working with the latest OFED1.4 driver and mlx4 HCA with the latest released FW and with FW 2.3.000 (on the SLES10 SP1 machine).
>>
>> Given the above information I believe that there's either a problem with your code (although looking at the code you posted I couldn't see anything wrong) or it's an OFED1.2.5 issue, as Dotan suggested.

OK thanks for the feedback. We have ppc64 machines with mlx4 and
mthca0 (from ibv_devinfo) )
Both don't work. Any experience with the mthca0? It is older and
should be better supported on 1.2.5 or?
My priority is the machines with the mlx4 but of course I would like
to see both working.

I also tried with a 2.6.26.2 kernel (had it at hand) with the same
ofed1.2.5 installation and still see the problem.
I guess my last and longest try to install the whole ofed 1.4 package.

btw: changing hardware is not an option :-/

Cheers and thanks for the support,