[ofa-general] Intermittent: ib0: multicast join failed

Olga Shern (Voltaire) olga.shern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:55:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Roger Spellman <roger at terascala.com> wrote:
> I have many nodes, each with a Mellanox MT25204.  When I reboot some nodes,
> they occasionally get the following error:
>

> ib0: multicast join failed

There can be a case that the first join will fail, but IPoIB sends
joins until it will success.
Usually you will not see that it failed to join the second time (every
time it failed it will print this message)
If your interface (ib0) is in running state - then it has successfully
joined and you don't need to reboot the node.
Is this your case?