***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] atomic operations on ppc64

Rui Machado ruimario at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:22:15 PDT 2008

>> But I'm not sure about the fw version. As I mentioned, on that
>> Mellanox page the latest firwmare for the IBM version is 2.3.00 which
>> is the one I have. Or am I wrong?
>>

> I checked Mellanox's site and i here is the URL for the FW of ConnectX:
> http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_table_ConnectXIB.php
>
> In this page, i can see that the FW version is 2.5.000.

OK. I thought I could only use the FW version on the IBM table (I
mentioned before) and not the one from the link you provide.

>> I tried that as you said before but didn't help.
>> And the RDMA read works fine.
>> Of course, it is possible that the problem is with my code. In fact it
>> looks every time closer to this possibility. But can the code be in
>> such a way wrong that it works on x86 but not on ppc. That is what
>> intrigues me.
>>

> Pay attension that the changes from PPC64 to x86 is not only the pointer
> size (64 vs. 32) and the
> endianess issue. It is a different CPU architecture which may cause to many
> differences.
>
> If you wish, i can review your code that handles IB offline...

Yes, it was in fact an endianess issue. I had some "wrong" pointers
and then was being mislead by the printed values.
Took a while but I learned something in between :)
I will install ofed 1.3.1 to be on the stable side of the force.
Many thanks, in particular to Dotan for his review and will to help me.

Cheers