[ofa-general] ibsysstat cpu output is incomplete

Wen Hao Wang wangwhao at cn.ibm.com
Fri Sep 26 17:55:50 PDT 2008

> Hi,
>
> On 13:25 Tue 23 Sep     , Wen Hao Wang wrote:
>>
>> I find the output if "ibsysstat <lib> cpu" is not complete. This issue
>> exists on all my cluster nodes, with RHEL/SLES and OFED 1.3.1/1.4-RC1
>> installed.
>>
>> [root at xblade07 ~]# ibsysstat 13 cpu
>> cpu 0: model  Genuine Intel(R) CPU                  @ 2.83GHz MHZ
2833.512
>> cpu 1: model  Genuine Intel(R) CPU                  @ 2.83GHz MHZ
2833.512
>> cpu 2: model  Genuine Intel(R) CPU                  @ 2.83GHz M
>> ---------------------> something missed
>
> ibsysstat uses vendor specific class 0x33. The single packet payload
> size is limited by 216 bytes. It looks you got this limit.
>
> Sasha

Hi Sasha:

I opened bug 1237 for this issue. If the incomplete output is related to
the packet size limitation, I think we may solve the problem by two
solutions:
1. Increase the limitation to one large value (not sure whether this is
feasible)
2. Transfer multiple packets until all the information is got and printed

Thanks.

Wen Hao Wang
Email: wangwhao at cn.ibm.com