[ofa-general] Re: [OpenSM][0/18] - Routing Chaining

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Sep 30 05:59:06 PDT 2008

Hi Al,

On 14:32 Mon 29 Sep     , Al Chu wrote:

> > Maybe we can use simpler solution - to use method's return status. It
> > can return negative value on failure, zero on success and positive if
> > method fallback is requested.
>
> This is fine as well.  I had considered doing it this way as well, but I
> guess it comes down to personal programming style.

It is always true :).

I called this "simpler" just because in such case we are able to handle
default method fallback in single place instead of mandatory method
definitions in multiple points. Also this let us to mane assumption
about what the "default" is a central place (ucast manager) and not
inside particular routing engine (file in this case).

> > Assuming that we want this important feature to be included in OFED-1.4
>
> Although it'd be nice to get into OFED 1.4, I know that we (the lab)
> aren't in too much of a hurry to see it in OFED 1.4. Of course, we
> backport new stuff into our local tree whenever we want.  That's not
> most people.

Sure, you (the lab) are great guys and I would expect from everybody
more active usage of the recent sources :). Unfortunately it is not the
case yet, many will stick with OFED only.

Sasha