[ofa-general] List of all files and locations

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Tue Sep 30 11:44:42 PDT 2008

All -

I'm trying to compile and install the Infiniband libraries and drivers
on my system (Ubuntu 8.04 Server, Mellanox cards). I've downloaded all
of the source tarballs from the OpenFabrics website, compiled them,
and installed them, but it's still not working.

a) I'm not sure the drivers are loading correctly
b) I'm not sure I have the right permissions (whatever that means).
I'm getting 'Permission Denied' errors when I try to execute a MPI
program over IB.

So, if anyone has this, I would like a list of the pertinent files,
their locations (can be in terms of $IB_DIR), and the configuration
files I need to change in order for the drivers to load and
permissions to be set.

This may be a big order, I don't know, but I don't see how else to
solve the problems. Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology