[ofa-general] Re: OpenSM script inconsistency ?

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Sep 30 14:02:35 PDT 2008

Hi Hal,

On 09:13 Tue 30 Sep     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> When using the defaults for an opensm configure,
>
> include/config.h:#define HAVE_DEFAULT_OPENSM_CONFIG_FILE "/usr/local/etc/opensm/
> opensm.conf"

Right, when prefix is '/usr/local'.

> but:
> scripts/redhat-opensm.init.in:# config: @sysconfdir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf
> scripts/redhat-opensm.init.in:CONFIG=@sysconfdir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf
> scripts/sldd.sh.in:# config: @sysconfdir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf
> scripts/sldd.sh.in:[ -f @sysconfdir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf ] && CONFIG=@sysconfd
> ir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf

yes, and:

scripts/redhat-opensm.init:# config: ${prefix}/etc/sysconfig/opensm.conf
scripts/redhat-opensm.init:prefix=/usr/local
scripts/redhat-opensm.init:CONFIG=${prefix}/etc/sysconfig/opensm.conf

> This doesn't look consistent to me.

What is not consistent? It is all depends from ./configure's options
--prefix, --sysconfdir, etc.

> I know RedHat wants things in
> certain places.

Yes, they are running with "prefix=/usr", etc..

> Shouldn't that be documented somewhere ? Also, what
> about sldd ? Is that for RedHat or general ?

I don't know much about who is using sldd.sh. Currently it is installed
by RPM for any distro.

Sasha