[ofa-general] MVAPICH_GCC seems incompatible with (RedHat)gcc-4.1.2-44

Guido Passet guido.passet at clustervision.com
Thu Apr 2 00:56:51 PDT 2009

Dear OpenFabrics list,

RedHat and spinoffs recently shipped v5.3 and many RedHat alike
distributions like Scientific Linux picked up the new flood of packages.

One curiosity I am trying to debug is the fact that MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 do
not seem to compile anymore after the update from:

 gcc-4.1.2-42.el5.x86_64 (RedHat 5.2)

to:

 gcc-4.1.2-44.el5.x86_64 (RedHat 5.3)

On running ./install.pl --build32 --all

I get:

 mvapich_gcc is not available on this platform
 mvapich2_gcc is not available on this platform

and no rpms are being build..

While all other compilers (PGI/Pathscale and Intel) seem to work fine.

I tried OFED-1.4.1-20090401-0600, OFED-1.4.1-20090319-0600,
OFED-1.4-20090301-0600 and a couple more but I seem to be in trouble on
all versions.

Any pointers into a direction to get these stack parts compiled against
GCC would be more than welcome.

Cheers,
Guido.