[ofa-general] RE: QoS setting and propagation

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Apr 2 15:10:01 PDT 2009

responding on general list:

>do we set QoS parameters in SM only?

The SM must be configured with QoS.  You'll need to look in the opensm QoS
documentation to see how to setup QoS.  (I don't know those details.)

>I looked in cma.c and ib_cm and iw_cm and do not see any parameter passing for
>QoS.
>Am I missing something?

IB specifies qos using the service ID and qos_class fields in the PR query.
This is done during 'route resolution'.  See cma_query_ib_route().

>Can we set it in transport independent way?

See rdma_set_service_type().  This call is intended to be generic.