[ofa-general] RE: QoS setting and propagation

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:03:19 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
<devel at morey-chaisemartin.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Sean Hefty a écrit :
>> responding on general list:
>> See rdma_set_service_type().  This call is intended to be generic.
>
> Are there reservered service_type?
> If I got it right, regular ULP from OFED stack are already using service level to get their QoS level.

The SL used by the app should be based on what comes back in either a
SA PathRecord or possibly MCMemberRecord response (for IPoIB UD). For
RDMA CM based apps, the query is based on Service ID and either QoS
class (added by QoS Annex) or traffic class depending on the address
family used.

> If yes, is there a list somewhere so if we force the service type in an application we don't conflict with an existing one.

QoS class (QoS Annex) can be per DiffServ (see QoS Annex).

I don't understand what you mean by service type not conflicting
unless you mean service ID rather than type. Service IDs are
standardized by IETF or IBTA. There's also provision for local OS or
external organizations as well. See IBA 1.2.1 Annex A3 if that's what
you mean.

-- Hal