[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** some suggestion for the up*/down* routing algorithm

Jordan acceptany at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:04:59 PDT 2009

Recently , I have seen the source code of the up*/down* routing algorithm.
It still uses the BFS to generate the spanning tree, whoes performance
is  inferior to the improved one which uses DFS to generate the spanning
tree.

DFS have been proposed in paper "New Methodology to Compute Deadlock-Free
Routing Tables for Irregular Networks", which can increase throughput and
reduce latency.  So I think that It's a better idea to use DFS to generate
the spanning tree in up*/down* routing algorithm.

Why not use DFS in up*/down* routing algorithm ?  Is it hard to implement or
some other reason ?