[ofa-general] Any easy way to specify to the SM to route/zone?

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:24:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Chris Worley <worleys at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip...>

>> Were the ports getting to LinkUp/Active before partitions were configured ?
>
> Yes, before I started trying to partition, all the nodes could
> communicate... except they'd all use just one port on the server and I
> couldn't get the throughput I needed.

I suspect the switch SMA went south sometime after this.

<snip...>

>> So no SM initialization is occurring there since they are still just in Init.
>
> Correct.  But, the SM is running.

Nothing the SM can do when a device SMA malfunctions like that.

<snip...>

>>> Partition "part2" with P_Key=2 should connect this client's port 0 to
>>> the sever on port 1 of mlx4_1
>>
>> Do you really mean port 0 ?
>
> Nope... in this case I have 0x0002c903000292b0 in part2 in my
> partitions file, which is port 1, the second port of the adapter.  I'm
> hoping to use both ports of all adapters on the server.

So you're talking about physical marking on the card rather than
actual (logical) port number.

<snip...>

> After power-cycling the switch, the ports went "active"!  Note that I
> didn't restart the SM... I just left it running.

That should be fine.

> So, on one client... the one corresponding to "part2" in the
> partitions file, I put the P_Key into the "create child":
>
> echo 0x2 > /sys/class/net/ib0/create_child
>
> ... and did likewise on the host, for ib3 (the second port on the
> second adapter):
>
> echo 0x2 > /sys/class/net/ib3/create_child

I'm not 100% sure but I think you may need the full member PKey on at
least one of them (0x800x).

> Still, no ping (the interfaces are setup correctly).

Are there still join failure messages on the client and/or server ?
What do they say now ?

-- Hal