[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** SPAM eggs SPAM bacon and SPAM

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Apr 15 18:48:52 PDT 2009

Please note:

- Jeff Becker is a volunteer.  He sysadmins the OF server in his spare
time (in addition to his real job; e.g., he just called me at 9:30pm
to help rescue the mail server)
- Specifically: Jeff B. does not have the time/cycles/expertise to fix
the SPAM label problem (neither do I)
- If someone wants to go in and fix the SPAM label problem, please do so

I feel compelled to point out:

- OpenFabrics could pay someone to sysadmin the box (and get real SSL
certificates and ...)
- The lists could all be set to only-members-can-post and the SPAM
label problem goes away

On Apr 15, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Tom Talpey wrote:

> The openfabrics mail server is flagging every message from domains
> such as gmail.com and yahoo.com with ***SPAM***, and as a result
> every message on my screen this morning was advertising the lovely
> canned meat.
>
> Going back a few days and 100 messages, in fact, only 30 of them
> *weren't* decorated with SPAM.
>
> This has to stop.
>
> Tom.

Jeff Squyres