[ofa-general] link width problem of Qlogic 9024 unmanaged switch

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Thu Apr 16 12:47:33 PDT 2009

> Are you resetting the switch from the peer HCA port or some other port
> ? That's what Nicolas asked but I might have missed the answer.

Yes, I am trying to reset from the peer HCA port. Is anything wrong with
this?

> Also, try disable (wait) and then enable and see if that works.

It remains the same, the switch port is DOWN forever. No SMP massage could
get to the switch port.

> If I recall correctly, you had those links which are taking a long time
> initialize. If the link stays down forever after disable, this won't
> work but I want to be sure.

This is seperate issue. The "reset" command is tested on a single port HCA
directly connected with Qlogic siwth. The HCA is plugged into a Linux
machine. It is the simplest test environment.

Thanks!
Yicheng Jia

Hal Rosenstock <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com>
04/16/2009 02:29 PM

Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com>
cc
Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin <devel-ofed at morey-chaisemartin.com>,
general at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject
Re: [ofa-general] link width problem of Qlogic 9024 unmanaged switch

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Hal Rosenstock
<hal.rosenstock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com> wrote:
>>
>> They both are POLLING before "reset".
>
> Then they _should_ come back to INIT.
>
> What does the local LDDS value say after reset ? Any way to get the
> switch port LDDS value ?

Are you resetting the switch from the peer HCA port or some other port
? That's what Nicolas asked but I might have missed the answer.

Also, try disable (wait) and then enable and see if that works. If I
recall correctly, you had those links which are taking a long time to
initialize. If the link stays down forever after disable, this won't
work but I want to be sure.

-- Hal