[ofa-general] Re: How to tell what OFED rev a distro derived IB modules?

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Thu Apr 23 16:48:39 PDT 2009

AFAIK, Ubuntu does not do any work on their IB drivers, so the driver
is stock 2.6.27.

In principle OFED is supposed to start with an upstream kernel and
backport those drivers to various distributions. OFED 1.3 was using
2.6.24, OFED 1.4 is apparently using 2.6.27.

So it should be similar to OFED 1.4

Though bear in mind OFED still patches things with stuff that is not
yet accepted upstream so there will be some differences.

It should be compatible with the OFED 1.4 userspace.