[ofa-general] Re: How to tell what OFED rev a distro derived IB modules?

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Apr 26 23:18:34 PDT 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009 21:01, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > In general, you should not use OFED userspace libraries with non-OFED kernel distributions.
>
> That is hugely unfriendly and not really 'the linux way'..
>
> Jason

I know.  I did A LOT of work to avoid incompatibilities. This particular incompatibility went unnoticed until someone encountered it.

In general, though, the OFED distributions are tightly integrated packages which have undergone extensive QA on many Linux distributions.
Taking pieces of them and mixing them with non-OFED packages is not recommended, as no QA is done on such mixtures.

- Jack