[ofa-general] Re: rdma_cm debugfs

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Mon Apr 27 05:24:27 PDT 2009

Moni Shoua wrote:
> Here is an example of 'cat /sys/kernel/debug/rdma_cm/mthca0_rdma_id'.
> TYPE DEVICE  PORT NET_DEV SRC_ADDR                                            DST_ADDR                                            SPACE STATE          QP_NUM
>      mthca0  0            0.0.0.0:7174                                                                                            TCP   LISTEN         0
> IB   mthca0  1    ib0     192.30.3.249:46079                                  192.30.3.248:7174                                   TCP   CONNECT        132102
> IB   mthca0  1    ib0     192.30.3.249:7174                                   192.30.3.248:42561                                  TCP   CONNECT        132103

Moni,

Are you planning to print also src/dst GUIDs and LIDs along with PKEY and SL?

Also, UFM agent wise, things would be easier if the connection information was provided
in more packed (or even binary) manner - since the way it goes now, one would have to
write a parser for your output (and in my suggestion one would have to write parser to
the debugfs output, but we can keep this parsing app and not provide it).

To better understand what I'm talking about, compare the output of netstat vs /proc/net/tcp

Or.