[ofa-general] Re: How to tell what OFED rev a distro derived IB modules?

Moni Shoua monis at Voltaire.COM
Mon Apr 27 08:28:00 PDT 2009

Jack Morgenstein wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009 13:46, Moni Shoua wrote:
>> So, Is there an easy way for upstream kernel users that want user space functionality?
>>
> Why can't they just install OFED?  This affects ONLY the infiniband modules, and has undergone
> extensive QA on lots of platforms.
>
> - Jack
I agree that the common case is using OFED, but from time to time there is a need to work
with kernels that doesn't have backports in OFED. I think that for such cases we need to have
an answer. What I'm asking for here is an advice for real cases that I have met.

Maybe we can have the same set of US libraries somewhere for download for upstream kernel users
What do you think?