[ofa-general] Re: How to tell what OFED rev a distro derived IB modules?

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 27 22:46:31 PDT 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 20:31, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> . As an example, commit
> 233e70f4228e78eb2f80dc6650f65d3ae3dbf17c was applied to Linus' tree on
> October 19, 2008. .... I could not find any trace of this
> patch in the OFED distribution -- not even in
> OFED-1.4.1-20090427-0600.

That is because OFED 1.4.1 is based upon kernel 2.6.27 -- and the patch you mention
only entered kernel 2.6.28.

OFED 1.5 (coming out in a couple of months) is in development now, and will be based on
kernel 2.6.30 and does contain this patch -- and all others that were committed to the
kernel up to then (we take the mainstream kernel tree as-is, and adapt/delete the various
patches and backport fixes from previous OFEDs; that way the infiniband drivers always
contain all fixes which were applied to the kernel version on which the OFED release is based).

- Jack