[ofa-general] Re: adding a purely software based RDMA driver

Bernard Metzler BMT at zurich.ibm.com
Thu Apr 30 03:08:54 PDT 2009

Roland, Or,

absolutely right. we do not intend nor are willing or entitled to dump
a 'softiwarp product' here but are still in the internal process of
getting something open sourced soon - to be reviewed by the community
and eventually addded to mainline Linux kernel when appropriate.
Philip was asking, since building an rpm for the OFED installation
procedure might be helpful for our internal usage at this point in
time - but it is not at high priority. so, lets discuss the code, if
it is here.

many thanks,
bernard.