[ofa-general] New proposal for memory management

Pavel Shamis (Pasha) pashash at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:49:21 PDT 2009

>> The registration cache seems like the safest,
>>

> +100
I'm absolutely agree here, it is full solution that totally resolve the
issue for HW that we have now.

>> but the notifier would be better than where we are today if we can
>> get the important race conditions out of it.
>>

> +0.1. Yes, it would work, and I agree that it would be marginally
> better than what we have today. IMHO, it seems like fixing this Right
> would be better than "let's do a possibly simpler but sub-optimal
> solution."
Sound like solution that may to work, but definitely we introduce here
much more complexity that we have now(to all mpi implementation!)....and
I guess the idea was make it functional and simple.

Pasha