[ofa-general] RPM / build environment

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Apr 30 15:19:18 PDT 2009

Roland wrote,

>Wouldn't posting patches for review and eventual merge to the upstream
>kernel be a better first step, rather than worrying about the OFED build
>scripts?

> - R.

Yes, in general we have agreed in the EWG that any code that goes into OFED
should first be reviewed and accepted for upstream inclusion (or at least be accepted by
Roland for a future kernel.org kernel.) before it goes into OFED.
Given that the feature freeze for OFED 1.5 is coming up pretty soon,
I would suggest starting this process as soon as you can if you want
to try to get this driver into OFED 1.5.

As for understanding the OFED build environment, Vlad from
Mellanox is the maintainer of the install.pl script and build/install
process.

woody